University of London Institute in Paris
9-11 rue de Constantine
The British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL) and Queen Mary University of London invite you to their joint seminar “The Global Class”. The event examines recently introduced collective redress mechanisms in France and across the EU and provides an update on overseas developments. It addresses the legal and practical implications of cross-border collective actions involving global classes; assesses which jurisdictions are best suited for particular types of mass claims; and analyses the enforceability of collective actions and settlements.
- Charles Demoulin, Deminor Recovery Services
- Dr. Ariel Flavian, Herzog Fox & Neeman Israel
- Ludger Giesberts, DLA Piper, TBC
- Vonnick Le Guillou, DLA Piper, TBC
- Dimitri Lecat, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Gerard McDermott QC, Outer Temple Chambers
- Hugh Mercer QC, Essex Court Chambers
- Professor Gilles Pillet, ESCP Europe
- Professor Maxi Scherer, Queen Mary University of London
This event will be convened by Dr Duncan Fairgrieve and Dr Eva Lein, British Institute of International and Comparative Law and Professor Maxi Scherer, Queen Mary University of London.
Pricing and Registration
- Individual £54 (~€60)
- Student £27 (~€30)
The prices displayed in Euros are indicative only and will vary according to the time of your booking and the exchange rate applied to your transaction by your card provider.
Policy Before registering please read the Event Cancellation Policy at: www.biicl.org/cancellationpolicy
Click here to download event flyer.