University of London Institute in Paris
9-11 rue de Constantine
We are delighted to announce the inaugural conference of the Institute for Global Law, Economics and Finance at the Centre for Commercial Law Studies in Paris.
The aim of this conference is to showcase areas of convergence and divergence in merger assessment, and to discuss means for greater harmonisation in the ways in which major jurisdictions assess mergers that have a cross border impact on competition.
Some of the topics to be discussed include:
- What are the challenges for a company that is involved in a cross-border merger assessment both from the perspective of an in-house counsel?
- What is the best advice for clients that are involved in concentrations with a cross-border impact and multiple notification requirements?
- How does an EU national competition authority decide whether to ask for a referral? What are the considerations an NCA would take into account in deciding to request a referral to/from EC. How does an EU NCA collaborate with non NCAs from non EU jurisdictions?
- How does the US Federal Trade Commission cooperate with other authorities on cross border mergers and what may be the challenges in such cooperation?
- Simon Genevaz, Head of Mergers Unit, Autorité de la Concurrence
- Patrick Hubert, Partner, Avocat à la Cour, Clifford Chance Europe LLP
- Krisztian Katona, Counsel for International Antitrust, US Federal Trade Commission
- Doris Speer, Deputy General Counsel, Mergers and Acquisitions, Alstom
Moderator: Professor Ioannis Kokkoris, Professor of Law and Economics, Queen Mary University of London
- 5.30pm Registration
- 6.00pm Conference
- 8.00pm Drinks Reception
IGLEF constitutes a forum for stimulating and conducting interdisciplinary research and disseminating knowledge on the areas of law, economics and finance. The Institute focuses on advancing legal scholarship, bringing together scholars, policymakers and practitioners, and informing policy through research projects, conferences, teaching and publications. The Institute aims to become one of the leading Institutes for the study of competition law and policy in the UK and globally. It aims to constitute a catalyst for dialogue, thought leadership and scholarship. IGLEF adopts a flexible approach in its engagement with stakeholders and is closely aligned with the needs of policymakers, as well as the needs of the industry and their advisors in various areas of competition law and policy.
How to book
This is a free event but prior registration is required via Eventbrite. Click on the button "book your place!" at the top.
Photography, video and audio recording
Please note that CCLS events may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email the CCLS Events Team on firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the event that you are attending.
For more information, please contact Anna Gray, phone: +33 (0)1 44 11 73 97 or email: email@example.com.