Developed by the Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS) at Queen Mary University of London and the Sorbonne Law School (Sorbonne), this double degree programme leads to two prestigious qualifications from two globally recognised institutions. The aim is to provide students with a unique opportunity to study international and comparative business law; in two languages (French and English), with two renowned Institutions, whilst living in Paris.
Applicants to the Sorbonne-Queen Mary Double LLM programme must meet academic, English language and French language requirements in order to be admitted to the programme.
Applicants must ensure that you send a complete application, including academic qualifications and evidence of English language ability. French language ability will be assessed by interview.
The usual qualification for entry to the Double LLM programme is a degree in law, or a degree with a substantial law content, normally of at least upper-second class honours (or equivalent).
We consider every application on a case-by-case basis and anticipate that some applicants will be practising lawyers who have qualified either in France or their home jurisdiction and will have legal work experience, which will also be taken into account.
Non-law graduates may be considered on the basis of exceptional professional experience that directly relates to specialist LLM taught courses.
For full information on entry requirements, including application deadlines and English requirements, please visit the Queen Mary degree webpage.
- Maximise your professional opportunities with two international and comparative focused LLMs from two top law schools.
- Attend courses taught by leading Queen Mary and La Sorbonne academics and notable practitioners.
- Benefit from the opportunity to study within both the British and French models of postgraduate education.
- Undertake tangible work experience, as part of an internship with a law firm, company or another legal context.
- Network with your peers face to face and experience life on campus at the University of London Institute in Paris and at the Université de Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
- Enhance your competencies in time-management, prioritising, and adapting to pressure – all of which are skills anticipated by employers in the legal sector.
- Earn two prestigious postgraduate law degrees from two leading Institutions within 18 months.
The Sorbonne-Queen Mary Double LLM programme starts in January each year, with registration extending over 18 months, and is available only for the full-time mode of study.
The Double LLM begins with the Queen Mary component in January, with an examination period in the Summer. The Dissertation is submitted in August. This is followed by the Sorbonne component from September, with assessment in the Spring of the following year. The programme continues with a credit-bearing Internship of at least 3 months, under the supervision of the Sorbonne.
You will study across all semesters - in the classroom through lectures and seminars, and self-directed (with support via the online learning environment).
This course will provide you with in-depth immersion in commercial law from both common law and civil law frameworks, whilst allowing you to perfect your command of legal English and French. It will enable you to enhance your understanding of your own legal system, by giving you the tools to explore current commercial law issues from an international and comparative perspective. Ultimately, the course aims to better prepare contemporary lawyers for an increasingly globalised world.
Please visit the Queen Mary University of London degree webpage for information on fees and funding.
Find out more about studying in the heart of Paris by ordering a printed prospectus or download a copy today.