This one-year degree programme offers an opportunity to explore critical events influencing international relations and obtain a prestigious Queen Mary University of London postgraduate degree while studying in the centre of the French capital. Full details of the programme of study are available on the Queen Mary website.
Students should have an upper second-class honours degree or equivalent in a related degree.
If English is not your first language, satisfactory evidence of your English language proficiency must be provided. IELTS 7.0 (minimum 6.5 in the writing component) is the required level for entry to the course.
For detailed country-specific entry requirements please visit Queen Mary’s International web page.
The degree is taught entirely in English and there is no French language requirement.
Full information on entry requirements, including application deadlines and English requirements, is detailed on the Queen Mary University of London degree webpage.
The MA in International Relations is concerned with analysing the key issues and concepts in world politics. The programme will provide you with a sophisticated theoretical and empirical understanding of international relations including areas of expertise such as war and security, globalisation and development, and contemporary world politics. You will develop a set of analytical and research skills, as well as knowledge enabling you to think, analyse and write critically about contemporary international issues. The degree programme will also build a firm foundation for further study.
The taught programme will be delivered through a combination of workshops, guest lectures and seminars throughout the year at the University of London Institute in Paris.
You will be taught by internationally-renowned staff from the Queen Mary School of Politics and International Relations. These intensive sessions will give you the opportunity to network with your peers and academics face to face and experience life on campus at the University of London Institute in Paris.
Key benefits include:
- The unique opportunity to study at a Russell group UK university from the centre of the French capital and gain a prestigious Queen Mary University of London postgraduate degree.
- Classes taught by experienced researchers who are leaders in their fields.
- An integrated and flexible approach: enjoy the combination of workshops, guest lectures and seminars.
- The unrivalled opportunity to immerse yourself in one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world and benefit from the exposure to the culture and traditions of a major European capital.
- The opportunity to gain an international perspective in a global city that plays a central role in international politics and economics and also houses international organisations such as UNESCO, the OECD and the European Union Institute for Security Studies.
Offered in partnership with Queen Mary University of London - a member of the Russell Group of leading research-intensive universities in the UK and rated amongst the top 20 in the UK for its research in Politics and International Relations - this degree offers you the opportunity to study International Relations in the heart of the French capital.
You will undertake four compulsory modules and will also take the core 12,000-word Dissertation module.
Full-time study will be organised as follows:
- Contemporary World Politics: Theories, Concepts, Themes
- International Security: War and Peace in a Global Context
- Globalisation and the International Political Economy of Development
- Doing IR Research: Perspectives, Methods, Data
Semester 2/3: Dissertation
All teaching takes place at the University of London Institute in Paris. Travel and accommodation are not included in the cost of the tuition fees.
Studying the MA in International Relations will be a challenging and rewarding experience. With our excellent facilities and experienced lecturers and support staff, you will be able to reach your academic potential. Gaining a recognised postgraduate qualification from a prestigious UK university along with a wealth of experience and confidence along the way will prepare you for many career paths or further study.
Full application details are available on the Queen Mary University of London degree webpage.
Please visit the Queen Mary University of London degree webpage for the latest information on fees and funding.
Students can only be eligible for a UK Government PG Loan if they complete at least 50% of the programme in the UK. This means students of the MA in International Relations (Paris) are not eligible for this loan.
We are delighted that our well established MA in International Relations is offered at ULIP in Paris. It provides students with new styles of intensive learning and expert-led teaching.
Find out more about studying in the heart of Paris by completing our form to receive a link to download our digital prospectus.