The LLM degree programme will allow you to immerse yourself in commercial law, studying from both comparative and international perspectives, and obtain a postgraduate degree from one of the top Law Schools in the UK while living and studying in Paris.
The usual qualification for entry to the LLM programme is a degree in law, or a degree with a substantial law content, normally of at least upper-second class honours (or equivalent).
We consider every application on a case-by-case basis and anticipate that some applicants will be practising lawyers who have qualified either in France or their home jurisdiction and will have legal work experience, which will also be taken into account.
Non-law graduates may be considered on the basis of exceptional professional experience that directly relates to specialist LLM taught courses.
For full information on entry requirements, including application deadlines and English requirements, please visit the QMUL degree webpage.
- Maximise your professional opportunities with an international and comparative focused LLM from a top UK commercial law school.
- Attend courses taught by leading QMUL academics and notable practitioners.
- Benefit from a flexible structure, designed to enable you to complete the programme without having to interrupt your professional career.
- Join a lively student community of recent law graduates and experienced practitioners of over 40 nationalities.
- Network with your peers face to face and experience life on campus at the University of London Institute in Paris.
- Earn a prestigious Queen Mary University of London degree.
The LLM in Paris programme has two start dates: January (you join in the spring semester) and September (you join in the autumn semester).
The LLM in Paris is available to study full-time for one year or part-time for two years.
You will study across both semesters - self-directed (with support via the online learning environment QMPlus) and in the classroom, and submit your dissertation at the end.
This course will provide you with in-depth immersion in commercial law from both comparative and international perspectives, within a common law framework. It will enable you to enhance your understanding of your own legal system, by giving you the tools to explore current commercial law issues from an international and comparative perspective. Ultimately, the course aims to better prepare contemporary lawyers for an increasingly globalised world.
All applications should be made directly to Queen Mary University of London. Full application details are available on the Queen Mary University of London degree webpage.
Please visit the Queen Mary University of London degree webpage for information on fees and funding.
Leading to a prestigious QMUL qualification, the LLM in Paris will provide you with in-depth immersion in commercial law from both comparative and international perspectives, within a common law framework.
Find out more about studying in the heart of Paris by ordering a printed prospectus or download a copy today.