ULIP Admissions Policy
ULIP’s Admissions Policy is guided by those of the University of London, and Royal Holloway.
Click here for a pdf copy of ULIP's Admissions Policy.
Fair Admissions Statement
At ULIP we are committed to operating an admissions process which is demonstrably fair, transparent, professional and underpinned by appropriate and robust institutional structures. Admissions decisions are based on merit, irrespective of social background.
In support of fair admissions, ULIP strives to:
- ensure that admissions decisions are based on an applicant's achievements and potential
- embed fair admissions processes of the University of London across ULIP to ensure equality of educational opportunity regardless of the social background of applicants
- promote admissions processes that enable the fair and equitable treatment of each individual applicant without either direct or indirect discrimination
- give full consideration to applications
- guarantee that admissions decisions are consistent and that each stage of the admissions process is carried out with honesty and integrity by appropriate staff with relevant and up-to-date knowledge and expertise
- in the case of undergraduate applications, create parity of esteem between GCE A-level and other pre-HE qualification routes and fully recognise a wide range of international, access-based, and vocationally-related qualifications, and other indicators of potential
- ensure the effective operation of the admissions process
- make explicit the criteria by which admissions decisions are made
- encourage and support applicants from diverse backgrounds by minimising procedural and financial obstacles to entry
- clearly document admissions decisions